Thing 13 K12Online Conference

I enjoyed exploring K12 Online Conference. I of course clicked on the link Week in the Classroom Using Web 2.0 tools. I was pleasantly surprised to realize that I was viewing a presentation of Mrs. Kathy Cassidy. I took a technology class earlier this summer at Harvard with Ed Tech Teacher and Mrs. Cassidy’s blog was referenced in the workshop as one the best educational blogs. I was familiar with the Web 2.0 tools that she uses; many of them I used myself. I didnt realize that artwork from Kidpix could be uploaded on Flickr; that is good to know and would be great for a digital story telling project. I loved the fact that each student in her class has their own blog-digital portfolios are great and it allows the parents, teacher, and child to see the progress over the course of the school year. I think that kids will always put their best foot forward when they realize that they are truly being published and that family members and potentially people all over the world can view their work and post comments.(depending upon the privacy settings) I think that blogging buddies is a great idea. The students have the opportunity to broaden their horizons by collaborating with someone their age far or near. I think that this was time well spent and I have few ideas that I would like to share with my colleagues. I have included in this post the link for Mrs. Cassidy’s Class Blog, the video that I watched, the link for the sites that were available on K12 Conference Online. I was a little disappointed to see that a few of the sites were not available. I will be searching for something comparable to Bubbleshare- a site that allows students to write a virtual book and embed it on a blog or wiki.

Video Click Here

K12 Online Conference Page Click Here